Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectLike I just posted above, I agree
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=25077&mesg_id=25087
25087, Like I just posted above, I agree
Posted by Dallevian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
in that it didn't address anything with mages in the ranks where they need it the most. Mages need help in the 30s. By the time they hit 40s they're ok because they have more skills and spells to put to use (top tier forms, invoker shields, duo, so on) but they're easy kills until then.

And you can't expect a mage to realistically explore mage-y areas for sleeks until they're 40+. Too many of the mobs and areas are just too difficult.

A mage cannot actively pk, defend, or retrieve in the 30s without at least a combination of 2+ of aura/shield/protection/stone skin.

Also, death blow still needs to be tiered differently than it currently is. 3x damage in the 30s is too much. I don't know if I posted my thought here or qhcf but it should fall something like this -

2x 25 to 36
3x 37 to 44
4x 45 to 51

There's a reason almost every Battle character that wants to be a Mageslayer sits in the 30s (Marcus's thieves and warrior, Nep's thief, current Drillmaster, etc). Easy pickings.