Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectThis is fun!
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=24562&mesg_id=24602
24602, This is fun!
Posted by Fjarn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Someone posts about how ragers are overpowered. Daevryn says "I bet you're not playing one." Someone agrees with him. Someone else posts about how they're really overpowered, for real this time.

A month passes.

Someone posts about how ragers are overpowered.

Two points from teh Fjarn:

1) Good rager berserkers have high kill counts, thanks to deathblow and thirst.

1.b) Good rager berserkers have high death counts, thanks to deathblow and thirst.

2) It's a matter of perspective. If all you see is combat against the rager, you probably see a lot of thirst and deathblow and think it's overpowered. If you're a rager berserker, you only get to reap the benefits of thirst and deathblow in that short period of time that you're actually fighting. The rest of the time, you're dealing with the myriad penalties.

By the way, if you die once to a 500 point deathblow, it sticks out in your mind as an overpowered skill. If you get 10 kills against ragers, it's just some pk.

So in essence, Daevryn's got it nailed. The drawbacks to ragerdom are severe and many. This is obvious when you play a rager, and less than obvious when you're swearing at your monitor after dying to "the perks". Perspective.

For what it's worth, I've been frustrated on both sides.

I also suspect this entire post won't change anyone's view on the matter. That's why "Fjarn" rhymes with "Futility".

Not really. It's actually pronounced Fyarn.