Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRE: All good stuff, but I would like to rehash one I thought was bad.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=2334&mesg_id=2443
2443, RE: All good stuff, but I would like to rehash one I thought was bad.
Posted by Boldereth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If I'm playing a shaman and I know that damnation has a chance of landing -20 hp or something else equally useless, I'm inclined to not waste the lag on it and simply curse. That could just be me *shrug*, I'd rather insure I get something I *know* is useful like svs. Exceptions do apply, but really its negated a huge part of its benefit namely stacking -str on people who hang around with healers. Redeeming damnation isn't easy when you've stacked a few on, now its lost I'd say about 90% of its power.

Example, I'm going against a healer and a warrior, I want the warrior to drop his weapon, am I likely to use plague and etc when the healer can just cure it? Poison? Worthless. I've got weakness and I used to have damnation if weakness didn't do it. If I want to drop my target's dex? Damnation could do that potentially. You could always claim wither, wither, wither but lets be frank wither is quite easily preventable if you're not facing an unskilled opponenet.

Of course I guess I'm just 1000 experts or whatever that found damnation useful on ragers and etc where I worry about rangers and such curing their plagues but eh, whatever.