Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRE: Heh, I like that....
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=21747&mesg_id=21808
21808, RE: Heh, I like that....
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
> loss of the 'c locate pccorpse' that had no use timer.
> no chance to have dopple.
> VASTLY few players = VASTLY fewer potential targets = VASLTY
>fewer pccorpses = VASTLY fewer phylacs.
> No possibility of evoke....sigh.

Eh. None of that happens in a vacuum and none of it's all bad for a lich. Lots of things have gotten better.

For example: lower player counts might make it take longer to kill 800some people or whatever, true. On the other hand, it also makes it a lot harder to assemble a posse of ten PCs to gang you down. If it takes you twice as long but you have a quarter the chance to die, would you say that makes things better or worse for a guy who basically lives forever and has time on his side?

Empire necromancers were never arcane, thus, never had evoke.

I wouldn't say there's no chance to have doppel... ;) But let's say there's not a cabal of people who have doppelganger, but that also means there won't be a cabal of people who have doppelganger trying to kill you.

You get to fight an extra cabal of people who have a lot harder time using NPC healers. Generally speaking fighting Outlander instead of Sylvan is a lot better for a lich. I could write a lot about this.

No Arbiters chasing you around the whole world with manacles that completely stop spellcasting. This is generally harder on a lich than almost anyone else.

No paladins with dual wield.

No Masters tesseracting giant gangs straight to you. Or master conjurers with transform + archon + scourge + mental knife. Etc.

No one with force duel whipping on you right now. Would you bet on a Leika to lose a force duel with a lich? I wouldn't.

No Scarabs to fight. (Trust me, this would be bad.)

Thieves are generally less scary to a lich than in the past, IMHO.

The list goes on. I'm not feeling sorry for lichdom.