Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectDonations for Characters
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=20618&mesg_id=20618
20618, Donations for Characters
Posted by WildGirl on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Was thinking of an implementation of some sort of system that would encourage more donations to CF with little work and not unfair advantages. Here's what I came up with:

Buying a unique level 1 character.

Basically, a specific donation of, say, $10-$15 from an e-mail address with a character name, race, and class. Once the donation is accepted, the implementor sets up the character and sets a password and e-mails it back to the e-mail address, keeping the anonymity of the recipient (assuming that the e-mail address isn't associated with the forum name).

This would allow some more variety to CF and the ability to see some unique characters, like a minotaur thief or a wood-elf invoker, etc. However, an added agreement for purchasing a unique character would be that the characters would be held to a higher standard by the imms, requiring a role and having to show a good effort at staying in character.

A slight alternative to this would be the imms making several unique characters at level 1 and offering them for donation, thus ensuring there aren't duergar paladins or elven assassins running around.

Whatchya think? I'd definitely donate to play something unique (that I wanted to play)