Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectWhat I don't like.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=18140&mesg_id=18153
18153, What I don't like.
Posted by Vladamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If you look at the PBF for Spenner, I got ripped fairly well for not using ABS all the time. I spent a pretty large chunk of time looking for my sleeks, and never found even one. The thing is, I know where sleeks should be popping from previous (recent post-TLB) characters, and from places I have been told ICly wands can be. I spent probably a good 50 or more hours of that characters life JUST looking for wands, and not finding even one sleek.

Sure, I could have gone to a certain area explore and gotten them, but for something thats supposed to be such a large part of a mages life, not even being able to find one sleek tells me there's a problem. I'd say my area knowledge is better than most. I know the mud backwards and forwards, I know of at least a few places I go regularly that most people will never even see. But I couldn't find my goddamn sleeks.

I think if the classes are going to be balanced assuming mages have access to wands, they should be at least a little easier to come by. Why should you reasonably expect someone to spend a quarter or more of their life examining keywords in an easter egg hunt? Does that sound like something that would actually be fun? I'm really not trying to be disrespectful here, you know I've never had any issues with you so this isn't like me trying to be a cock just because you're an imm and I want to be disagreeable. I want your honest opinion. Is the easter egg hunt that the ABS system now stands as, something that you see as fun for the player? And if not, how can you reasonably expect someone to want to spend a large portion of their character time on it?