Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRE: No. Just plain no.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=15344&mesg_id=15496
15496, RE: No. Just plain no.
Posted by Pro on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Want to prove you are right? Play one of your warriors and get Marcus to send you his triggers. Watch as you get your ass pounded into the ground repeatedly.<<<<<

What does this have to do with the fact that he uses triggers? Nothing other than that you aknowledge that he does. What's more, you don't know that I would get pounded into the ground. I've got enough pride in myself that I don't use them save for a few utilitarian things.

How does "solely on your own skill" not count the ability to program and use triggers? Is typing speed a skill? Should I have an advantage over anyone who can't type as fast? What about aliases? You want to play a game without clients, go for it. Telnet is highly available. You do not, however, get to whine about how you can't type in c 'mass metabolic slow' Fixliptinic in a fast situation. If you had even the slightest clue about using triggers you would know that they at least as likely to get you killed as to land a kill.<<<<

Tying speed is a skill and is a key factor in determining who is the better text based fighter. Yes, you should have the advantage over them. Aliases still require input and can be typoed. Whine is an attack word, try to disassociate yourself from it. Triggers are not just as likely to get you killed as save you or people wouldn't use them, what's more, they can be disabled with a simple toggle when they are not needed or would be detrimental.

Seriously Pro, people don't discount what you say because they hate you. People discount what you say because you are wrong. People hate you because you are a bigot. They are unconnected.<<<<

I'm not wrong that he uses triggers. I'm not wrong that they do things for a player without error when ever their conditions are met. Bigot is another attack word, you should disassociate yourself from it's usage as it disuades people from discussion.