Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectThen there is something about the code I (or you) may be misunderstanding
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=15344&mesg_id=15386
15386, Then there is something about the code I (or you) may be misunderstanding
Posted by _Magus_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
From my understanding, only a weapon can be in the primary hand, leaving held items, lights, shields, etc. in the offhand only. If as assassin gets off kotegaeshi on a shield dedicated paladin, and they lose their off hand, that means no shield. They are stuck using a weapon, which happens not to be their strong point (because the shield is their strong point).

Since you like to put a lot of obscure scenario's out there when people start asking questions, I'll throw one your way: A shapeshifter wearing the shield from the Ancient white dragon and the Truncheon of power who reverts to cast faerie fire.

And another: Not being able to have a held item in the primary item limits any sort of options of using wands for mages. Maybe a necromancer is fighting an assassin, and they are tiger clawed and kotegaeshi(ed) and the assassin happens to be convulsing. Well, the necromancer probably won't outfight the assassin with a sword, but they could use a nifty wand to finish him off. But not after these changes, not in this scenario.

I think the staff is making a valiant effort to look the other way on this. Or it's beginning to seem that way.

And please don't get the idea that I'm some unappreciative asshole. I appreciate everything you guys do for the game. And if I could contribute (beyond playing), I would. But I don't know how to code, and you do. So I'm just sharing with you what I feel is right, and what I think was a bad decision.

"Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion; you must set yourself on fire."