Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectOutlander Thieves/Assassins
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=14501&mesg_id=14501
14501, Outlander Thieves/Assassins
Posted by WildGirl on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
With the death of the latest Outlander assassin, I thought I'd reask the question as an update on imm attitude:

Any thought to allowing Outlander thieves/assassins on having hide again?

Perhaps make it a skill that can be relearned at level 51 and/or once they've received their special, super-secret Outtie thingie.. "A thief/assassin in Outlander that has mastered their oneness with Thar-Eris can learn once again to hide within the shadows."

The loss of hide would still deter the flood of thieves/assassins joining, but the lack of any kinds of these classes except one every six months seems a little extreme for anyone "walking the line", especially since there are thief-only things for barter in the Tree.

Rangers should "walk the line" in Battleragers because they can study spells, but you still see a lot of them. I've even seen rangers/druids in Trib (though about as often as thieves/assassins in Outlander).

Sorry, this subject always gets me a little worked up since I think from an RP perspective, its ridiculous that the Imms are so against it. If anything says "brigand" or "trickster", its a law-breaking, stealing thief. And yes, I know and remember the arguments the imms gave against this, but there are not a lot of thieves as it is.