Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectI do think this is a sexist mentality.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=14336&mesg_id=14368
14368, I do think this is a sexist mentality.
Posted by Pro on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And I don't like it. Here's why.

I've played my fair share of female characters. Basically, and maybe this makes me sexist, but I feel like it's easier to role-play a "badass" as a female character than as a male, because many/most people have different expectations about how a female character "should" act.

>>>There are societal norms and behavioral norms. Females should seem feminine in some way, unless you are meaning to play a Bull-Dyke

So if you're a female character that's a cold, ruthless killer, it's somehow more "extreme" than a male character who acts in exactly the same way.

I disagree. Women attempt to commit murder as often as males, they just do it in a less direct way. They poison, get men to do it, set up elaborate traps etc.

Plus I like killing people who underestimate me. Female characters tend to be underestimated more often than males (either because people suspect female characters are actually played by a females and assume female players are substandard, or because they think female characters are only played by people for whom RP is the focus rather than PK).

Since I assume every female I encounter here is a guy, this doesn't apply to me. I think your assumptions of what other people are thinking af females are your own feelings about women surfacing.