Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRE: since I have played a couple of goodie villagers in the past
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=13639&mesg_id=13671
13671, RE: since I have played a couple of goodie villagers in the past
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>I would put forth that you
>need to find an alternative method of dealing with
>good-aligned cabal enemies that doesn't involving killing
>them.
That's why you're good, not neutral. Then in cabal
>raid situations and the like when you're forced in to fighting
>them, is the time to roleplay all that remorse.

Are you serious? If I'm a goodie outlander and I make an offer for an elf tribunal conjurer to lay down his art and live in harmony with Thar-Eris, he refuses, then shows up at my cabal with a gang to take our item...I'm going to punk him and not feel sorry about it.

I have no problem with goodie ragers punking goodie mages. And not because they're wearing "rager glasses" wherein those mages appear evil. The goodie rager recognizes that said mages are "good", but that they're "deceived" and are playing with something forbidden and dangerous to the entire world. They must be convinced to cease their dangerous/forbidden activity (possibly through being killed alot) or else destroyed.

The difference between the good and evil rager, then, is which outcome is their preference. The good rager would prefer that goodie mages be purged of their magic and live happily ever after. The evil rager enjoys killing them, and would really rather just destroy them all. He may relish the killing as an end unto itself, not just a means of dissuading people from magic use.

Obviously I'm not an imm and as such can't set role-play "policy", but that's always the way I've looked at it.