Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectroleplay
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=13639&mesg_id=13642
13642, roleplay
Posted by shokai on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Ultimately, this would be a *bad* thing to hardcode since it would in effect neutralize a lot of valid roleplay angles. It's really up to the players in question to check their actions (or down the road suffer consequences for those actions)...and ultimately roleplay a certain amount of grief in the slaying of another lightwalker.

As an example, when I played Sharisalk (good-aligned rager assassin) I would take the time to march to my diety's shrine and pray for the 'lost souls...so they may find their way back to the Light"...cha cha cha...as a sort of atonement for the slaying of a good mage. Additionally I'd occasionally try to actually talk to the 'affected' lightwalker...in an attempt to turn them off of magic. (Obviously no invoker is going to give up magic..but still, roleplay) These are just little things that you can do with a goodie who assaults other goodies...these don't get you a free ticket out of the hotseat though. Any role where a goodie needs to assault another goodie is a tough one to play...and when chosing such a role you need to understand that you're walking a tightrope. It *can* be done, but it's pretty precarious and easy to slip up.