Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectIt's a toss-up.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=1209&mesg_id=1307
1307, It's a toss-up.
Posted by Zepachu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It really is a big battle between Realism and Playability.

Realistically, just about everything should have some sort of lag on it. You would need to pull off someone's boots, or slide off a bracelet, or whatever. Even picking something up from the floor could cause some lag. But then, let's look at it even more "realistically."

One tick in CF is "30-90" seconds realtime. That boils down to an average of 1 realtime minute = 1 game tick = 1 game hour.

So. Every SECOND of realtime is one MINUTE of gametime.

If you think about it in THAT light, a HELLUVA lot of things are out of whack. Big time. But, again, it's all a toss up between whether it should be a playable aspect or a realistic aspect of the game.

I agree that looting your own corpse should have no lag, but realistically within the confines of the idea, why should it? That would be giving some ground to the playabilty part, making it more fair.

I don't view looting as entirely out of whack at the moment, but if there needs to be a change made I like the suggestion I made. It isn't too radical and takes a step in the right direction, but doesn't completely change it so game balance wouldn't be as much effected as it might have been if others had their way.