Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectGood Alignment and Roles
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=1294&mesg_id=1294
1294, Good Alignment and Roles
Posted by geezer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This is only food for thought and at best speculation on my part since I'm just starting to play again (albeit unsuccessfully since i have no time) after an 8 year layoff.

The tendency from what i've seen and my experience is that good aligns tend to automatically pick on evils. Well, ok. It all makes sense until you start thinking, Well are all goods aligned characters "knights in shining armor"? Just because you're good aligned doesn't necessarily mean that you CAN'T attack other goodys.

For some odd reason, most goods choose the above route. This essentially means that all goods stick together. Which then leads to the gang bang goods vs evil gripes we all hear about. How about this avenue: If a good aligned Sylvan, sees a Fortress killing of trees, you'd think THAT if anything would be grounds to kick his ass, whatever his alignment. I think you know what I'm trying to get at. I just tend to ramble.

Could it be possible that the evil's are being slaughtered to extinction partially because of a lack of imagination rp'ing wise on the good aligned part? If evil's tend to be "scheming, selfish, manipulative, and having their own agenda", what makes people think a good aligned character can't be that way? Sure this blurs the difference between good and evil, but aren't most people in real life that way to begin with? And please don't say, if ur both good and evil, then ur neutral.

The way I see it, having a good aligned leader with a refreshing new perspective might even things out a bit. So to those people griping about evils being wiped off the face of this planet, why don't you (with all that time) lead a cabal and point it in a different direction. THEN you can play your evil character.

cheers