Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectYet *another* Outlander idea
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=11712&mesg_id=11712
11712, Yet *another* Outlander idea
Posted by Trouble on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yes, yes I know....more crap about Outlanders.

Arguably, the two Outlander abilities that are most useful in combat with other PC's are chameleon and beast call; both of these, when used in the right situation, are indeed good tools.

However, both are also very easily countered by a number of other spells/skills, etc.. And this is on top of the already very limited areas where these 2 powers can be used. From reading logs (since I don't play that much anymore) it seems to be almost none of the powers from any other cabal are so easily countered as these two. Maybe Heralds..

I could be wrong (and often am), but it seems to me in the interest of balance that at least one of these might be addressed in some manner. My preference is something along the lines of a skill that allows the Outlander to either avoid or remove faerie fire/fog/bioluminescence. It would add nothing to the firepower of the group but greatly increase survivability and uncertainty, two things that Outlanders should be better at than anyone (given the whole idea of the cabal).

Either that or figure out a way to let Outties undo black auras or manacles (or WANTED) or resist or the Fort evil eyes thing, or the Heralds drink making skills. You get the idea.

By the way, I do think the Outlanders are the most plain *fun* to play, best range of personalities and interactions. The above was just something I noticed and was thinking about.