Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Long-Term Projects
Topic subjectRE: Improvements to Bedouin rangers
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=58&topic_id=37&mesg_id=127
127, RE: Improvements to Bedouin rangers
Posted by Doge on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I agree with this and had a few ideas. Note: I've played one bedouin/survivalist in mid-2007 and got to 45 before deleting.

I'd increase what dervish dance does in terms of damage output. I was a fire giant and could never seem to get above MUTIALTES despite using this skill primarily in deserts and having fast camo. Adding some potential malediction based on weapon type as an added perk would also add value to this. Also, my experience was that this was a bad move in 1-1 PKs. I realize not all skills are meant for all situations but something to make this a viable choice in 1-1 still seems like a good idea. This is the bedouin's capstone skill after all.

I would upgrade the dirt kick thing in non-desert areas and tweak the resistance to dirt kick to include any kind of dust based attack, e.g., blindness dust, poison dust and faerie fog-like spells. The first part is just a balance thing, imho, for the dearth of deserts in Thera overall. I think the second fits from the overall theme and could also be made into a skill.

Deserts have very hot/dry but also potentialy violent weather. So how about a level 20 spell called 'dessicate' that makes the target dying of thirst. As for violent weather: give them cast 'flash flood'. If there is a real bad rain event in the desert a bedouin could cast this spell (It needs to be a niche thing) to call forth a flash flood. Potential effects: randomly disperse all PK-enemies in room to a room in nearest non-desert area, damage (water-based), and/or lag.

How about a replacement skill for snare per se that allows the bedouin to superheat a patch of sand in the desert (during daytime only) such that anyone in PK who crosses it will get hit with a mini-immolation type affect. The sand patch stays for some fixed time before dissipating, again, a snare replacement. It could even lag for just a little bit and lightly drain moves. Skill name = "black sand".

A spell: cast 'sundog' Castable only during the day when outside (more potent in the desert), this spell calls forth a sundog centered on the caster that moves with the caster. This decreases the likelihood that any offensive skill/spell/commune/power that starts combat combat will succeed. It makes the caster appear to be slightly displaced from their original position. Even offensive moves that in theory can not be avoided under normal circumstances could be sundogged. Once combat is underway the spell dissipates.

Give bedouins charge back. Allow fashion skills to imbue with heat. Allow control weather to influence the severity of whirling simoon.