Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Marketing CF
Topic subjectWell, there goes me assuming again..
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=56&topic_id=71&mesg_id=111
111, Well, there goes me assuming again..
Posted by TheDude on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
He was a heroimm for 11 days.

I didn't know that. Not that 11 days is likely long enough to know it all, it is infinitely longer than my zero days. Apologies to Stunna.

As Nep, Zulgh, Cyradia, and others have alluded to elsewhere, the limiting resource is not ideas. Every staff member has many more ideas then can be completed. If all you're contributing is ideas, and you aren't exceptionally experienced, there's a good chance that you aren't actually doing anything you couldn't be doing as a player via our forums, email, whatever. The responsibility, accountability, and overhead of another staff position isn't worth it.

This is a good point I think should be highlighted. I've worked on enough coding projects to see the mythical man month in all its glory. Furthermore, all it takes is one sub-par (or worse!) programmer to turn some code which has been running for 13+ years relatively flawlessly into mush. That's a pretty hefty risk of failure, imo. It's a testament to all involved that it still works at all :).