Go back to previous topic
Forum Name New Player Q&A
Topic subjectMany places to go
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=808&mesg_id=809
809, Many places to go
Posted by Desmonn_Kinnt on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There are many things you can do after the Academy. What I would reccommend first, is to use the Academy to learn how to manipulate the land and items, and practice, train, kill, flee, and all that good stuff.

When you have finished all of that. My first order of business is to find my guild and you did well in doing so. But the Feannwyn Weald can be hazardous especially if you don't know where you are going. Using 'help galadon guild directions' will give you explicit directions from Market Square all the way to the Rangers Guild in the Weald. If you run into an aggressive creature on the way, I apologize, but some things cannot be helped. Creatures can wander, but for the most part getting to your guild should be safe.

The second thing you can do, is read 'help newbie3' and this will give you directions to low level ranking areas you can get to fairly easily, and find on all the maps. If you notice, we have a lot of helpfiles. When I read 'help newbie3' I can see the Kobold Warrens as an area I could venture to. When I use 'help kobold warrens' I get a full page helpfile one the kobold warrens, what to expect, what aligns should benefit most there, and what to watch out for. You'll notice almost any area in the game has such a helpfile and the entire area list can be called up by simply typing 'areas'.

Once you've got some locations in mind. Why not ask some like-minded individuals to join you on your adventure. A group of three adventurers gets a bonus in their experience gain and is the most beneficial when ranking. If you are a ranger, find some others of compatible alignments, ethos, philosophies and head on out. After all, there is safety in numbers. Getting a group in character and heading out to slay monsters is the interaction that makes this game great, and you will find others that know very much about the world of CF and learn from them. Soon you will be the one that people learn from.

Don't give up too easily. It will take you many hours and many deaths to become comfortable with the lay of the land and how to avoid it's many dangers. Just remember with every mistake you make, that is a lesson learned. And most of all, enjoy yourself.

Hope that helps.

Desmonn