Go back to previous topic
Forum Name New Player Q&A
Topic subjectHand to Hand questions
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=527
527, Hand to Hand questions
Posted by Teedo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
FIRST POST!

I'm lovin' the game thus far, but I have a couple questions on hand-to-hand combat.

Does the damage go up with percentage or level, or both? Is there any way to augment said damage? The help file said that it was worthwhile to work on... is it really?

Thus far I don't have many complaints with it, I'm just curious.

:D
528, RE: Hand to Hand questions
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Does the damage go up with percentage or level, or both?

Increasing either your character's level or your Hand to Hand skill will gradually increase your overall damage output.

Is there any way to augment said damage?

A large number of objects change the amount of damage you deal. These are helpful whether or not you're wielding a weapon.

The help file said that it was worthwhile to work on... is it really?

It's a good fallback skill. However, unless you are a warrior specializing in it, you probably will very rarely want to fight unarmed on purpose. (Weapons were invented for a reason.) Keep in mind a lot of foes will try to relieve you of your weapon during fights, and having the Hand to Hand skill will help you stay in the fight until you can re-arm yourself.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
541, In addition...
Posted by Nivek1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hand to hand is extremely helpful when you are fighting mobs that fight with their hands. Knowing how to use them yourself lets you know how to defend against them as well.