Go back to previous topic
Forum Name New Player Q&A
Topic subjectDefensive spin and AP
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=4928
4928, Defensive spin and AP
Posted by sunshine9 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
How about giving the AP class defensive spin using a staff or spear?

That would make the AP more available to players who want to play
an AP but have little or no knowledge about where to find wands.

It would also give an edge to the arial and felar races which
would be much needed?
4936, AP is not underpowered
Posted by Osalia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I took the Warmaster, who had 7 ranks on me, to convulsing with no protections at all, using a weapon he was resistant to, if I remember.

I might even have won if I hadn't successfully slept him when he was fighting my nightwalker, which is a mostly wasted attack.

I think I had 2 charges at the time so they didn't make me stronger than average either.

The ap class is already very abusable if you play to its strengths, and they can already spin a lot more than most other classes because of the edge.

Also, a couple of new players learnt by playing the ap class. They died a lot, then less, then won more than they lost.

APs are a bit fragile but they are also very dangerous if played offensively.
4932, AP is more designed to kill.
Posted by Jormyr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So...lots of ways to hurt people, not really good at avoiding hurt. Calvin does mention everyone has a shot to spin/distance, and if that's a major motivator into the character, I'd look into HELP SPINE OF THE AKRAGAKA. More or less says "Yep, spear/polearm is what I want to use". If I'm correct, somewhat expensive but provides both an offensive and defensive boost with those weapons.
4935, Spine is actually super cheap.
Posted by robdarken_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
An A-P with spine is reasonably tanky but still suffers slightly in damage output. Plenty of reasons to be a spear a-p though.
4929, Everyone spins some based on dex
Posted by Calion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Giving the spin (warrior spec) skill on top of that to APs would very likely be OP.