Go back to previous topic
Forum Name New Player Q&A
Topic subjectPathfinding boots
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=4885
4885, Pathfinding boots
Posted by Amazoids on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hi! I have this neat pair of boots that i thought granted pathfinding, however upon visiting my guildmaster i find they have indeed granted pathfinding at 0% as a skill I can train which disappears when I remove the boots.

However I am unsure if it will remain should I train this skill. Or when I remove the boots, will I lose the practice? Should I be asking this or am I just suppose take it on the chin and possibly lose the practice? :7
4886, They do grant the skill
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
but you can't practice it. You start with 25% at level 5 and it reduces to 0% when you reach 25.

The point of the boots is to allow you to sleep less when you run around, the item is very useful on low levels and is designed as such.

Pathfinding is too useful skill for PK to give it out for free to ppl.
4887, This is true
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Not sure about the exact numbers but the general explanation is right.

At higher rank, there's an edge you can get (help edge) which makes your moves regenerate a lot faster. If you take that edge you will rarely need to rest for moves. However, it doesn't let you walk super fast through mountains etc like pathfinding does.

Also you can get extra moves from exploring everywhere.

Once you get used to the game you will probably have enough for to refresh at healers
4888, But are they as powerful as slay? n/t
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
gr
4889, More evidence you are stupid
Me saying that you don't have to use slay to be able to tell it is overpowered is an example of why it is not always true to argue you have to use a skill to judge it.

You can tell by seeing it used on others and yourself, as well.

Hence you can tell that champs are out of balance now without needing to play one.

I need to buy myself a trollslayer.
4890, What you're missing..
Posted by Java on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
When you judge based off of logs, you see a very narrow snippet of the possibilities.

For instance, if you judged the assassinate skill based on the QHCF log board, you might very well think that it WAS slay. No one posts logs of the 2000 times a Target logged off in their guild or cabal after 20 stalks. Because people only post and only remember the remarkable, not the mundane.

But if you play a character and use the skill constantly, you can see the trends and realize when it works and when it doesn't.
4891, But assassinate is overpowered
In fact, by playing an assassin you are more likely to fail to realise that, if you don't got on what makes it likely to work.

If you do, it's easy.

I played probably half a dozen assassins before I cracked it. Then I realised it is op. Which is what I would have thought from logs.

I am not "missing" that. I completely understand your logic. I agree that in some cases it may apply. But often you do not need to play something to see that it is overpowered.

And let's note also that, putting me aside who played one of the first champions, that multiple recent champions have now said the build is out of balance.
4892, IMMs should lose slay. Change my mind. n/t
gr
4893, RE: IMMs should lose slay. Change my mind. n/t
I don't think you need to worry about it either way, with your connections.
4894, Yes that is why you lose.
My crazy connections. Especially here lately.

>I don't think you need to worry about it either way, with
>your connections.
4898, RE: Yes that is why you lose.
Care to give me an example of me losing to you?

Just one will do.

In over ten years you must have one, surely?

I could, on the other hand, post some examples of your imm supporter adding negative comments to my pbf because she didn't like logs that showed you letting groupmates die because you abandoned them. Which wasn't even the point of the log. The log was just a victory against superior numbers which included a strong enemy.
4899, Calm down Krilcov, you're losing your #### on the internet again. n/t
gr