Go back to previous topic
Forum Name New Player Q&A
Topic subjectRE: PK
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=488&mesg_id=490
490, RE: PK
Posted by Hutto on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
People that are not in your pk (or without a pk range at all, like you describe) will and do get involved in pk matches all the time. Whether it is a hero healer giving sanctuary to a level 15, or a level 1 picking up a disarmed weapon, it happens. It doesn't happen in every fight, or even most fights from my experience, but as far as I know it is fine by the rules and spirit of the game. If this kind of thing doesn't sound like your cup of tea, then CF may not be the place for you.

As for the rudeness, it could be his role. It could be his real-life personality bleeding through. I don't know. It isn't against the rules to just be rude though, as long it feasibly could be his role (i.e. if a good aligned character is being a total and exceeding prick without cause, you may want to politely point this out to the Imms).

As for the situation itself, without knowing your particular character's role, I will say you could have simply walked away and not given him the opportunity. Having a potion of teleport or return is always useful for escaping sticky spots, but is understandably more difficult for a newbie. You could stick to grouping with good aligned characters. Seems like you are more concerned with the out of pk affecting your pk fight though.

CF isn't for everyone, but I hope you do reconsider.

Hutto

'Sorry, I'm not 72323slhlst. Or however you say Elite'
-Vynmylak