Go back to previous topic
Forum Name New Player Q&A
Topic subject'Empowerment and Shaman Path's' a question to the Imms (and players)
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=4381
4381, 'Empowerment and Shaman Path's' a question to the Imms (and players)
Posted by Abernyte on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I am not a big empowerment character player but I have just played two in the last wee while, after shaman paths came in. Now as a player you make a character, flesh out a role and have an idea of class/race/legacies/specs/thief paths/shapefocus etc as part of your build.

Now my question to the Imms who empower, is this: Do you let players chose a shaman path/virtue etc or is it randomly chosen by you or taken from their role.....how do you decide?

I ask this because my fire shaman Destuvian had a discussion and a choice, which I chose hell's pact and regretted (I feel it is more of a higher level pack so more of a 2nd spec choice). I also played Garmudgeon recently who's role was interpreted really well by Neltouda and she gave me Desolation, which was great. I also know of a friend who had one path and was enjoying their shaman until they were given 'divine anger', which they think is bunk and now they are playing something else.

Also, what do players think about the choosing or the just receiving and being grateful?

Cheers for your input.
4386, RE: 'Empowerment and Shaman Path's' a question to the Imms (and players)
Posted by Whiysdan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I prefer to try and determine what you're after based on the role. I pretty much never talk to an empowered character until I've read their role.

If I can't determine via the role, I base in on the conversation I have with the character during the empowerment talk.

I've also had people pretty much tell me what path they want (with strong IC hints of course) and that went well.

Hope that helps.

=w=
4388, Thanks for this - has been useful.
~
4384, RE: 'Empowerment and Shaman Path's' a question to the Imms (and players)
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I almost always offer the choice (from among Daevryn's list of paths, of course).
4385, Cheers for the response.
nt
4382, My thoughts
Posted by Destuvius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I will generally have a few paths picked based on your role. I will then ask what you want. If we overlap, boom its yours. If we do not, I ask you to sell me on why you should get path X even though it doesn't seem to mesh with your role. As far as second path, I pretty much give advanced warning that you will get it and ask you to pick it.
4383, Thanks, I love your approach and it makes me want to come back to Empire
thought not in its current power state. Prefer it a little weaker so I can be part of the solution.