Go back to previous topic
Forum Name New Player Q&A
Topic subjectHaste ?
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=4297
4297, Haste ?
Posted by vorian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I found a scroll that gives me Haste and when I use it I see in my aff that it gives me Dex +1.

Someone told me being hasted also gives me more attack per round, is that true?

4299, RE: Haste ?
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Haste improves your chances to parry and dodge, and reduces the chances of others to parry or dodge your attacks, but does not give additional attacks. Unless you're shifted, in which case it can in some cases because shifters are weird.

Metabolic quickening on the other hand is very like haste and does add an attack.
4300, Follow up Q
Posted by Quicker then wind on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thank you big D for clarification.
This was puzzling many players for a long time.

1) Could you elaborate on AP bloodlust, Ragers bloodthirst and muter accelerate?

2) Quickness spell is just +dex, right?
4301, RE: Follow up Q

>1) Could you elaborate on AP bloodlust, Ragers bloodthirst and
>muter accelerate?

Bloodlust is haste-like, with some differences. It includes getting hungry/thirsty faster, a bonus to HP regen while fighting (otherwise a penalty like other forms of haste), and at higher levels the ability to take limited attacks at other people fighting you.

Bloodthirst grants haste at higher levels, which functions exactly as haste.

Accelerate is not haste; it is a separate spell with some advantages and some drawbacks. The drawbacks become much more extreme if stacked with a form of haste, but can be alleviated up to a point by the metabolic unity skill. Situationally, a transmuter would be wise to accelerate a hasted opponent to use that haste against them.

>2) Quickness spell is just +dex, right?

Right.
4304, bloodlust improves defenses?
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was under the impression it improved offense and boosted healing, but didn't improve defense. Does it improve defense but ap's are still sucky at defending?
4307, RE: bloodlust improves defenses?
Yes, it improves defenses.

But since in most cases A-Ps only have parry to work with (and tend not to use the weapons that are best at parry like staff/spear/polearm), yes, their melee defenses are still not great.
4305, Does it also improve spin
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
as in the defense with staff/spear?

I always felt that my muters spun crazily well with a staff when they were quickened/accelerated/both (I usually used both so I can't remember which).
4306, RE: Does it also improve spin
Yes although not by much. It's less of a factor than it is in parry or dodge.
4298, RE: Haste ?
Posted by Risdrin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That is true, yes.