Go back to previous topic
Forum Name New Player Q&A
Topic subjectAnother question about Neuro...?
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=4223&mesg_id=4240
4240, Another question about Neuro...?
Posted by Da Muted_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

I'm having a tough time understanding how to use neurological disruption effectively.

I realize it freezes people up when it hits fully. At which point I should theoretically be able to out melee once I lay down the various broken bones and soft skin and slowing etc.

Maybe my problem is I don't understand what the various echoes really mean, and I haven't got a good feel for how long it locks them up. What am I looking for? I've seen some transmuters making it look easy with the perma-lag of neuro but that doesn't seem to be my case. Do I need to be casting it every tick, on the hour? Or are there times where they'll be locked up a while (several hours?) and I can just lay out the damage spells?

Lastly, it doesn't seem to work well against elves and other high int, right? Is it worth trying even, generally, or is that more a decision to be based on whether they have good svs vs paralysis via gear, etc.?

When to neuro, when to not neuro? that is the question. Thank you.