Go back to previous topic
Forum Name New Player Q&A
Topic subjectSolo Adventuring to learn the world better
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=4207&mesg_id=4207
4207, Solo Adventuring to learn the world better
Posted by 1D_rookie on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I've noticed that ranking becomes difficult when traveling solo, especially when you get to around the level 30 rank, as most NPC's at that range that will give you any experience worth fighting for, are difficult to kill by yourself, requiring a group. I mean, sure, you could probably do it solo but put yourself down to 30%hp or less after 1 or 2 fights, and have to rest/sleep for hours, and that gets boring quick. And hope that some Necromancer or A-P doesn't hop on you once you kill some hulking guard or whatever.

I understand that traveling in groups is what makes the game fun, but in order to learn the lands better, sometimes the slow pace of solo adventure is necessary. I haven't ranked many characters past the lvl 30-35 range, mainly because at that point, I merely follow some experienced player around, and we will rank a bit and then usually get disbanded by a PK attack, at which point I either get killed and frustrated, or quaff a potion of recall and have no idea where I was or how to get back there safely.

I suppose I could log my games, and reread where the group leader took me, but that is also cumbersome and tedious. Any advice for learning the ropes at higher range levels, or is this simply what separates the veterans from the rookies? I suppose I should start logging, kinda answered my own question in my post, but if anyone has advice, please share! :)