Go back to previous topic
Forum Name New Player Q&A
Topic subjectIt also helps with PAYING ATTENTION
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=4196&mesg_id=4206
4206, It also helps with PAYING ATTENTION
Posted by 1D_rookie on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I understand the frustration, as I am fairly new to the game. I recently walked my Ranger straight into Certain Death. Which, actually, is a (Translucent) strange figure that appears to be guarding something. The thing I noticed was after scrolling through the rooms leading up to the Certain Death room was, the description of each room in the path leading to Certain Death tells you to turn around, warning you with premonitions and descriptions like "You really get a bad feeling from this place, and feel you should turn around". And, humorously, the description for the Certain Death room itself is something like "Well, you made it. Good for you. What are you, Blind AND Dumb?" In case it needs clarification, Certain Death attacks on sight, and hits ===<<<(((HHAARRDD)))>>>===

So, the point would be, in some cases anyways, to prevent people from spamming the cardinal directions e, w, s, n and flying through the game, and instead, inspire them to look, observe, scan, and pay attention to the details hidden in the Text of every room, as text is the substance that makes all matter in CF.