Go back to previous topic
Forum Name New Player Q&A
Topic subjectRE: The use of a legacy
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=4160&mesg_id=4169
4169, RE: The use of a legacy
Posted by Kalageadon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>You have to look at the opportunity cost of selecting it.
>It's always an option but for me, I typically think there are
>better choices.
>
>Didn't this legacy get reduced at one point? I'll admit I
>don't fully understand how the damage system calculated,
>except that it is fairly complex when you consider all the
>factors in it(weapon ave, dam redux, vulns etc...). Would you
>be willing to sell this legacy a little bit by talking a bit
>of numbers on what a difference 8 dam roll can make?

Yes, this legacy did get reduced but it wasn't much, if I recall. In my experience, I like to group damage nouns into groups of three, like DISMEMBERS, MASSACRES, MANGLES.. etc. When I took this legacy then, without changing any weapons, or any other condition, then I'd typically go up to MANGLES, DEMOLISH, DEVASTATES. Which can make a pretty fair difference in PK, or PVE. These damage nouns would be the average, what I'd hit most often. Of course, I'd still hit above and below them too.

>
>On a little side note, years ago when I started playing again,
>my first char back took this legacy and the warcry legacy. You
>made kind of a funny comment poking fun at me in the imm
>comments. Something about I need 50ccs of damage, stat!

I believe this legacy used to be 10 damroll, if you add in Berserk for 10 or 15, or whatever it is, then cry which I believe used to be 25, and if you are a rager with a poncho, another 11 or 9 or whatever it used to be, possibly add in thirst also, for another 10 or 15, then a couple of high damroll weapons, then you're rocking some pretty high burst damage. 64 at the minimum without weapons or racial str, which is anywhere from 3-9 damroll. Some dwarf forged weapons can get up to 11 dam each, that could put you at 86 with only a poncho and weapons, and of course you'd still have to add in damroll from natural str.