Go back to previous topic
Forum Name New Player Q&A
Topic subjectSleek questions
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3531
3531, Sleek questions
Posted by Clueless mage on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I have been told there are only 3 sleeks for each type possible at a time. Is this true?

And, for a newish players, a more important question: what happens if the character is killed while carrying all three? If an enemy loots all three of those wands, is it then impossible to for the character to get more? What happens if the enemy logs out and doesn't come back for a week or two, or gives them to a low level ally who does the same?

3576, Answer
Thank you, Batman and Daevyrn, for clearing things up!

Yes, it is possible to have more than a few of special sleek wands from the same location. No, someone can't hold them hostage, you can have more than a few at one time.
3533, You took what they said differently than what they meant.
Posted by Batman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Each mage has 3 wands assigned, THREE TYPES of wands exist.

One of each is assigned to the mage.
Sleek Amber - Aura
Sleek Sienna - Shield
Sleek Black - Barrier

Your mage has those three wands assigned to them. Once you find your location, you can 'farm' it - You CAN have more than one at a time.

An example to make sure you understand:

A mage kills Mob X and gets his sleek amber from the corpse. He goes off, fights some, then decides he'd like another amber wand so he has more charges on hand - so he heads back to his wand location and kills Mob X again. He now has TWO amber wands in his inventory.

If this mage then dies and Mage #2 takes the wands from his corpse, mage #2 simply has two amber wands he can use up. He doesn't lose his location. He can still get more. He just needs to go kill Mob X again.

Does that clear it up a little bit for you?

And having had a Mage with 5 black wands in his inventory at once (all from his black wand location), you can have multiple.
3532, RE: Sleek questions
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>I have been told there are only 3 sleeks for each type
>possible at a time. Is this true?

I don't understand what you're asking.
3535, RE: Sleek questions
I think Batman 90% cleared it up.

I was asking if it is true that you can only have 3 sleek barrier wands at one time (like limited items). That seems really problemetical to me (I'd have to be really careful, etc) it other people can take them from my corpse.