Go back to previous topic
Forum Name New Player Q&A
Topic subjectA few people use triggers
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2856&mesg_id=2910
2910, A few people use triggers
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Most don't.

I don't, and I do better than average in pk. I use a copy of jmc that I'm not even sure can do triggers. (I know jmc can, but this partiicular copy is not a good one for some reason.)

Using triggers will often get you killed, and no one I know uses them because we consider it to be poor sportsmanship.

Aliases, yes. But I would recommend that all newbies use aliases. Particularly as it will help them overcome the problem of the poor typing that adrenaline can cause when you aren't used to pk.

Generally, I see the fight I want, or I know the guy I'm after, or the guy that I think will be after me, and I do the following:

#alias qwe {c sleep fred)

or something like that, and

#alias asd {tri pete}

Then I can just type asd or qwe and hit enter when I want to do the relevant attack. And those combos are easy to type on an English keyboard. Although if some guy steps out of the shadows next to you and sniffs that's probably me trying to type "asd" and typing "sad" instead.