Go back to previous topic
Forum Name New Player Q&A
Topic subjectHelp me find an active Imm! (please)
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2734
2734, Help me find an active Imm! (please)
Posted by Tohno on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hello everyone. New player here, on a character that needs to be empowered.

His personality's somewhat defined and the first role's in but I've tried to leave it flexible enough to pick from several alternatives for spheres. I've been trying to find an active imm to follow, but so far, nothing from the ones I've tried to contact. Admittedly it hasn't been long but I'd sooner not go with once-in-a-blue-mooners.

Any advice for ones that are around and active, on a reasonably consistent basis? My character is good aligned, and possible spheres I'm considering are Spirit, Honesty, Mercy, and Healing. These are by no means the only options if someone might suggest others.

(Really I just don't want to pick one and then have to start over cause they end up never being around. Being around often enough to add to RP is also a plus)

Also...to kill two birds with one stone. What does "n/t" mean?
2740, There's a reason new players are cautioned not to roll empowered classes.
Posted by Pro on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's very hard if you don't understand the history or the politics and nuancess of Thera and all the religions.

And for an Empoweree you should have your god in mind before you write a role.
2738, If you havent picked a sphere
Posted by Artificial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You cant really expect imms to talk to you. Hard to work with what you're giving them. Have an imm picked out
2739, RE: wizlist and spheres
Well... allow me to explain a little more.

Some say send an email for an appointment on wizlist, particularly if they don't seem to be very active. Sent an email, but nothing back so far. And since, from what I understand, it absolutely cannot be changed once picked, I want to wait until I'm certain they're active before I make a choice that would force me to start all over if they're not.

Haven't seen any on the who list either...

If it comes down to it I'll take a gamble and decide one and try to run with it...
But I'd rather try to make sure there's someone listening at the other end of the line first, as much as it's possible...
2741, RE: wizlist and spheres
Posted by Dervish on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I understand your intentions but that's not how things work here. You have to choose the Sphere and certain Imm and then HOPE he/she will answer and empower you.
2742, Thanks all
Well... I went ahead and picked one, now I'm waving my arms and jumping up and down and hoping I get an answer. Here's to hoping. :)

Thanks to all of you for your help.
2735, What times of day are you playing?
Posted by Homard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t means "no text"
2736, USA Evenings, sometimes afternoons n/t
danke
2737, Using the wizlist command
Posted by Homard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Which is more of a guide than a schedule, I see that Twist (Magic, Honesty); Thror (Fire, Purity, Strength); Lyristeon (Chaos, Wisdom, Deception); Daevryn (Pride, Lust, Destruction, Earth); and Enlilth (Strength, Envy, Greed) all might fit your times.

For the record, in-game typing "wizlist" without the quotes will show the guide of IMM times.

Good Luck.