Go back to previous topic
Forum Name New Player Q&A
Topic subjectHah! You've come to the right place!
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2579&mesg_id=2580
2580, Hah! You've come to the right place!
Posted by Amberion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Anti-Paladin, I'd suggest an Arial anti-paladin.

1: Very destructive magics. And sleep.
2: Possibilities of endless powers through harvesting soulds of those you kill.
3: Can wield a spear and do something called "vault". Basically vaults himself up in the air and lands on their victim with the spear first. (Preferably a sleeping victim as those awake have a tendensy to move out of the way.)
4: Bloodlust -> very capable in melee.

Caveeat: In a way this is bost the easiest AND hardest class to play.
1: Most people will hunt you.
2: Most people can kill you if they surprise you. (Before you build up charges.)
3: You are somewhat dependant on the ABS-system (Aura shield barrier) which is VERY hard for a newbie to obtain.

I can't honestly say that I recommend a complete newbie to play an Anti-Paladin as their first character... I suspect it would be a painful experience. They are, however, GREAT fun to play. And a part of the reason for that is the soul gathering.

Once you reach a certain level you can give your weapon an unholy blessing, making it leech a piece of your enemies soul as you kill them. Depending on how many kills/deaths your enemy has you get more or less fragments. And for each fragment you get either +1hit and +1dam or you get +10hp and +10mana. This has no max-limit. We have seen anti-paladins with more than 300 charges. Which basically is insane. Luckily this happens like once every three years or so. ^^

It also means that once you lose that weapon, you lose A LOT! So every fight is a risk. That's why it's so much fun. Endless powers contra big risks. :D

For a new player this is my recommendations:

human or arial assassin. Join empire if you don't mind learning stuff the hard way. (You'll learn A LOT in the empire if you can stomach it.)
Join the fortress if your more of a goodie. (You will basically be spoonfed information and gear. Not my cup of tea really.)

Good orderly conjurer also works if you want a mage class.