Go back to previous topic
Forum Name New Player Q&A
Topic subject Newbie with intro and some questions?
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2392
2392, Newbie with intro and some questions?
Posted by ilanthas on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Greetings everyone,
I am new here and wanted to post an intro with some questions. I am a Elven ranger. I am blind and using a screen reader to play so here goes.
1. When will I get to turn brief on? Full descriptions can make it difficult at times, especially when going into an area with agressive mobs.
2. Also I have been leveling in the graveyard in Galadon, where is another area to go? There are not to many mobs for me in there. Well that is it for now.
Thanks in advance,
Ilanthas.
2394, RE: Newbie with intro and some questions?
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>1. When will I get to turn brief on? Full descriptions can
>make it difficult at times, especially when going into an area
>with agressive mobs.

If you answered yes to the newbie question, you will have to wait until you are 50 hours old.

>2. Also I have been leveling in the graveyard in Galadon,
>where is another area to go? There are not to many mobs for
>me in there. Well that is it for now.

HELP NEWBIE3 has directions to a number of newbie friendly areas. Good luck in the Fields.
2393, Response.
Posted by Dallevian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If you check that you are a newbie, I think you can use brief mode once you hit level 30.

Have you looked at the helpfile 'help newbie2'? I think it has other areas to rank and explore. Off the top of my head, some other decent areas are ashes of nowhere, forest of nowhere (in the past), Balator orphanage, fields of Balator, the desert south of Hamsah (Araile), the crypts underneath Arkham (through the sewers), Voralian City, Tir Talath, orc keep southeast of Galadon, and Akan. Those are all areas decent to check out for levels 12-22 or so.