Go back to previous topic
Forum Name New Player Q&A
Topic subjectRE: Nope.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2099&mesg_id=2121
2121, RE: Nope.
Posted by Xenoroyal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Every time I killed him, I offered him the chance to apolagize and I'd leave him alone. Every time, he refused and talked more smack. I am sorry, but I can't feel sorry for him at all.

If he didn't want to get killed, he would have either apolagized or maybe... like I did, learned from getting owned constantly and became a decent pk'er.

There is nothing wrong with someone ganking the hell out of anyone, no matter how new they are. And I don't see how you can chastise someone for that.
That is how I learned to PK, by getting bashed.
I didn't sit around, talk #### and cry. I didn't post about how cheap their tactics were or cry that it was unfair.
I blamed the death on myself, and asked myself how not to die in the same manner. Sorry, but its carrion fields, this game's philosophy used to be bash first and don't ask questions, just loot.
Yes I want new players to come to the game, but we're a PK mud. Not carebear fields. If you can't handle getting owned, then go play another mud. CF isn't for you.

I did make some comeback characters that I dropped for newer ones, and some lowbies that need to be deleted... probably immedietly. I couldn't rationalize throwing away somthing I spent time on leveling and skilling, but its now even apparent to me that they don't add anything. When you lose all interest in a char, it's difficult to put any effort into their rp. EDIT: So yeah, they pretty much suck. Lesson learned, and I apolagize for them.