Go back to previous topic
Forum Name New Player Q&A
Topic subjectEdges I dont get it.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=1894
1894, Edges I dont get it.
Posted by SIECIKSuc on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
How do I get Adpt Learner?

I have taken 3 flaws. 3x one Flaw.

I have gotten a chunk of EXP from my role I think it was from a god I think.

I got a bunch of exp for trading and selling stuff.

I got a bunch for observing stuff, and for exploring stuff.

I am rank 21.

Is it cus I am a stupid race ? Cannot I chose this ?

How do I find out what I need to take this Edge I NEED it badly.

I can pick one Edge but it rather useless.
1913, RE: Edges I dont get it.
Posted by EarlTsunami on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
My Edge Question:

I'm curious if because I choose an edge once it appears, does that limit me from another edge I may receieve later or just the edges on the list that I chose against? For instance, lets say I have a choice between Paladin edge A, B, and C. So I choose edge A. I know the B and C dissapear (because they did). But does that mean I just can no longer pick B and C or does it mean that could hamper me from getting D and E and so forth.

Hope that makes sense.
1914, RE: Edges I dont get it.
Posted by Kastellyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Get more edge points and B and C will come back.

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

*** Email me your testimonials or two-line blurbs. Help our marketing efforts! ***
1917, Unless
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Some edges ARE mutually exclusive (the anti-bard-repertoire ones for instance). So if you choose A...B and C MAY come back with more edge points, but not always.

Mutually exclusive edges are generally noted as so in the helpfiles though.
1895, RE: Edges I dont get it.
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You won't see most edges before at least level 25.
1897, Ok. Please remove this post.
Posted by The Epic on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I have just got my own Account, verified. Can you delete this post for me. Thank you.
1910, Edges too
Posted by Xaannix on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I dont get it either. Im rank 34 and still no edges. It says i cant discuss that with my guildmaster?!? How do you get edges, are they given to you or are they automatic? How do you get flaws? What do you have to do to get edges or to even be able to discuss them with the guildmaster? How do you know what the prerequisites for edges are if it says nothing in the help files of said edge?

Ugh..im lost.
1912, Edges
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You should be able to just do "discuss guildmaster" in your guild with no argument to see a list of available edges. If you don't see anything, you don't have any available.

If you have one listed (for instance, Strong Back), to choose that edge, you'll do:

discuss guildmaster 'strong back'

Hope that helps!