Go back to previous topic
Forum Name New Player Q&A
Topic subjectCan someone explain the general nature of this game?
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=1689&mesg_id=1689
1689, Can someone explain the general nature of this game?
Posted by keriostar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hi,

I've been looking for a good MUD to play lately, and this one seems rather different and interesting. However, I haven't had a chance to log on for a significant period of time as yet, and I can't seem to grasp the basic gameplay from reading the website and forum posts.

It appears as if characters are universally somewhat short-lived (which I find interesting); exactly how short is this living? I notice that characters appear on the "Battlefield" forum with a certain number of hours listed as their lifespan; does this mean hours logged-on, or real-world hours since creation?

Aside from that subject of characters' longevity, what is the gameplay itself like? It seems as if more of an urgent and action-oriented playstyle exists here, based on the game's PK-filled nature. Is playing this game equivalent to playing a text-based, role-playing version of Counterstrike, or is there a large amount of long-term building-up of one's character as in other MUDs?

Sorry for the newbishness and, particularly, vagueness of my question; I will obtain some first-hand experience with the game as soon as possible, but as of now I'm just trying to understand what it's all about. Any general insight is appreciated.

Regards,
keriostar