Go back to previous topic
Forum Name New Player Q&A
Topic subjectA few questions about Empowerment...
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=1422
1422, A few questions about Empowerment...
Posted by Zabrin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Do I have to find a hidden shrine ingame, or Do I send a note to the Immortal in question? All the help files weren`t very clear on this.
1424, On finding hidden shrines
Posted by Corrlaan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Once you reach level 11 I believe you can do the command 'who sphere'.

Which shows others of the same sphere as you. You can ask them if they perhaps worship the same god..and perhaps they'll help you find the shrine.

ALSO..if you are having a really, really, really hard time finding it. Find an appropriate place to pray...and play it out as your character would. Plead for a sign, whatever you feel your character would do in that situation. And by appropriate place I mean..somewhere meaningful...not The Temple of Galadon.

1425, RE: On finding hidden shrines
Posted by Splntrd on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Why wouldn't the Temple of Galadon be meaningful for say, a wannabe Tribunal priest of Order?

I guess it'd be kind of cool if someone treated the Temples as actual temples, rather than gear pits.
1432, It's also EXTREMELY important for
Posted by Pro on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
the entrance to your chosen Imm's shrine to be coded properly.

*Wink*
1423, RE: A few questions about Empowerment...
Posted by Crysseara on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If you are trying to worship an active god off the wizlist, in most cases it's a good idea to pray from their shrine. That said, not all of the gods have shrines. Their help files should say whether or not they do. Some help files even give hints on where the shrines are. You should find them out IC, and probably not via a note to the immortal in question.

If you are worshipping a god that you've made up or just under a sphere, it's not a bad idea to send a note to 'immortal' and give them the heads up on what you're looking for. Otherwise, just keep prays IC about it and be creative!

Good luck!
1428, RE: A few questions about Empowerment...
Posted by Zabrin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ive found the shrine.... What now? Ive prayed for the past few days, but got no response.
1431, RE: A few questions about Empowerment...
Posted by Eshval on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Immortals are not always in sync with player/empoweree times. An approach that may work is to write an in-game note to the immortal in question and/or an email. Either is acceptable.

Often folks seek empowerment at a pretty early age, and their times do not mesh with the immortal, so it may take longer than hoped for a response. Also, be sure the immortal is active...for that you can check the WIZLIST or pray and ask. Additionally, you could seek out any known or marked followers of the immortal and speak with them for some informantion.