Go back to previous topic
Forum Name New Player Q&A
Topic subjectI was only gone for about two months.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=127
127, I was only gone for about two months.
Posted by salitar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This is directed towards an Immortal. I was recently gone for about two months, to play in the desert. While gone I had someone log on for me, they logged on once and then the next time they went to log on it tried to have them create a new character. My question is, how much time can lapse between log ons' before you delete the character, and is there anything I can do to get the character back? I know it is probably a no on getting the character back but I had to ask.
The character's name was Forsin by the way.

Thank you for your help.
Salitar
128, Autodeletion
Posted by nepenthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Characters that haven't been logged on for a month are automagically deleted by a pfile maintenance script. Once this occurs they cannot be recovered.

Correction: Very low level characters (10th and lower) may be deleted more quickly.
129, RE: Autodeletion
Posted by salitar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks,
That means I just sort of have to start agian. I had just gotten in a cabal with the character. And of I go to some damn foriegn country.

Guess It is back to the hitting the bricks then. thanks
132, RE: Autodeletion
Posted by Zepachu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It probably did you a favor. After two months you would have been very "out of touch" with recent events, and other world/cabal issues. Chalk it up to experience.

It's also possible that your "friend" used your character to PK, get his jollies off, then just "delete delete"'d you.

That bastard.