Go back to previous topic
Forum Name New Player Q&A
Topic subjectI find this funny.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=1050&mesg_id=1055
1055, I find this funny.
Posted by Odrirg on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I am the same way with the reversing of east-west/right-left relationship, but only in one area.

When I was brand new to cf, I learned the Ruined keep by following others, instead of walking it myself.

I am fine with right and left up until the Down. I even picture the down in my mind as on the left side of the ruined keep.

But then, for some ungodly reason, my inner picture of it switches, turning going east into going west. After a few months of playing, I tried to run in to the Ogre without really watching where I was going, but instead using my memory...wow did I get lost.

It was only after a careful scrutiny of what happened that I found out that after going down you go 4 EAST not 4 WEST.

What? When did this place flip?

Now, my mind hardly notices. Once I go down, the mental picture in my head stays mirror and I can go east to go left and west to go right without even thinking about it. I've always thought of that as VERY odd, and thought myself the only one.