Go back to previous topic
Forum Name New Player Q&A
Topic subjectAlso, to bring it back to Paladins...
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=699&mesg_id=725
725, Also, to bring it back to Paladins...
Posted by Odrirg on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
With respect to paladins...

I will admit, I rolled a shaman instead of a Paladin partly *BECAUSE* I knew I was going to be walking that line of an anti-chaos rager-type mentality.

I fully understand that Odrirg as a paladin would have been un-empowered and turned neutral, probably before I hit rank 20, where as I thought I could make it stretch and work as a Shaman.

Personally, I don't think I could ever play a tribby Paladin. Because of what the original poster was asking about. In my own head, I like paladins to take *ALL* of the code as word for word gospel, and that whole "associating with evil" thing gets me every time.

Whenever a role for a law-character paladin pops into my head, I always stumble over dealing with that part of the Code in the Role in a way that doesn't make me sound like a rationalizing hypocrit to myself. heh.

(That said, I also don't think Paladins are right for Maran either....It is my own personal belief that if you combine Maran philosophy with a paladin.....and stir...you get a Goodie Shaman. I just see too much over-lap between Maran paladin and goodie shaman, and I would like those two roles and guilds to be more unique and seperate)