Go back to previous topic
Forum Name New Player Q&A
Topic subjectUnderstandable
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3049&mesg_id=3128
3128, Understandable
Posted by Hrotzig on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Understandable that they have enemies, less understandable that every Orc PC is treated like a carefree target for wordless jumping, not for challenge, not for RP (none attempted, there are plenty NPC orcs), not for gear (orc PC gear sucks), but because hey, "RP is too much effort and I sure does like PKing newbs." CF presents itself as a great RP experience but the cities are empty husks, full of litter, with PCs racing through them afraid of being jumped, themselves. PCs hide from one another, playing it safe, because apparently this sort of jump-first-RP-later mentality doesn't stop at Orcs. Neither did I concoct my own hardheaded and childish thoughts on what Orc RP would be like - I just read the files, so sue me. Look, I appreciate your attempts to explain why it is the way it is and I'm not trying to be willfully contrary. My irritation just stems from a sense that you've got the makings of a great RP game with the telltale signs of an undisciplined PK community that likes "preying on the weak" more than a game with living cities.