Go back to previous topic
Forum Name New Player Q&A
Topic subjectWhat I've found.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3049&mesg_id=3050
3050, What I've found.
Posted by Homard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What I've discovered is that (in some cases) you'll get as much RP out of a situation as you put in.

If someone kills you for no discernable reason, don't assume that they don't have a reason. Granted, there are mindless players piloting mindless characters who just kill anything they see, but that's not the case much of the time.

If someone kills you, try to find out why. You won't always get an answer, but often you'll at least be offered the Bloodoath or told to abandon your foolish ways, magician!

Also, and your mileage may vary, I've found that RP gets better once you join a cabal. The cb channel allows for interactions that won't be found for an uncaballed character.

In addition if you're really, really looking for RP you could try following a religion. When it works correctly (and it doesn't always because you can't guarantee that your imm will match up timewise with you) you'll get RP out of your chosen immortal AND you'll have a reason to RP with anyone you run across, because people never get tired of talking about their religion.

And never forget the words you see when you log in. It's not 'By which name do you wish to be hugged?'