Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Code Changes
Topic subjectApril 2024
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=47&topic_id=304
304, April 2024
Posted by Ishuli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
**Legacies**
My immediate goal was to create a new legacy, but really struggled finding a nice niche for one where we have such good coverage on them.
So instead I ended up doing some tweaks. The goal was not to "improve weaker legacies" but more that I read through their descriptions (not just their code) and added things I thought were thematically relevant and also neat. I did slightly buff one I expect I'll regret buffing though. So here we go.

- Forsaken Thoughts - Will now help pierce through sanctuary.
- Maelstrom of the Veils - Will now help you hit dodgey people.
- Incarnadine Wave - Increased duration of affects, helps against people with stoneskin.
- Riddle of Resilience - Now properly applies to some things it was missing from. In particular a number of paladin physical debilitations.
- Fist of the Titan - Helps you against more abilities. If it would apply to your wrist/forearm, it will help you against it. This includes kotegaeshi and more.
- Surrounding the Sunrise - Helps you avoid hits if you're alone and facing many foes.
- One With Shadows - Helps you evade when not in combat.
- Whirlwind of Steel - Helps you not get hit by riposte, concealed, etc.
- Fortress of the Spirit - Helps interfere with things that would invade your mind.

I had seen a few people complain about incarnadine not firing enough. So I tested it. It was more than fine. But I realized it's probably because you don't know WHAT makes it fire. So part of this legacy tweakage involves me just flat out telling you the most important part of incarnadine: hitroll.

We'll see how this goes! Have fun!
307, Orcs and Holy Word
Holy word
* Its cost will be controlled by how many targets it is applying to. So think about when you might want to use it.
* The edge 'Sacred Word' will decrease this cost.

Orcs
* Orcs under level 11 will have more success in bribing a certain individual to access a certain tunnel.
306, Some small stuff
* Tweaked some things which will hopefully improve MUD performance.
* Stop some crash stuff.
* Fixed the bounty list. Yaaaaay. It will break again, but I made a thing that fixes it, so yaaaay!
* Fixed some spots where we had bad code-math.
- Most notable was the 'holy word' supplication. It was supposed to be draining the paladin's HP on every cast. Now it will. I'll keep an eye on this for tweakage.