Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Code Changes
Topic subjectObject materials and vulnerabilities
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=47&topic_id=157
157, Object materials and vulnerabilities
Posted by Scarabaeus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I just refactored all of the code related to object materials and racial vulnerabilities (and there was a lot of it). There should not be a noticeable change to players, but be sure an post to the bug board if something has been unwittingly changed.
159, RE: Object materials and vulnerabilities
Posted by Jarmel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
A brief overview on the intent behind the change?

Were the vulns not working right (To heavy/To light)?
160, RE: Object materials and vulnerabilities
Posted by Scarabaeus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
As I mentioned in the post, there should be no noticeable change. The vuln code is working fine. We just had duplicated vuln code scattered throughout the code base, so I wrote a central function and made calls to it everywhere. (The paladin bug of having them disarm and grab a weapon they are vulnerable to raised the issue.)

As we saw this morning already there was an issue with BARTER (we do vuln checks for merchants), which is now fixed. Looks like there might be one more issue. Like I said, it appears all over the place in object handling, so it may take a day or two to iron out any wrinkles.
161, Excellent!
Posted by Jarmel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
All sounds like positive steps forward.

Was just trying to figure out what to watch for.
162, RE: Object materials and vulnerabilities
Posted by Saersha on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Back when Saersha was kicking, I couldn't steal iron keys even though I had keys to success. Not sure if it's fixed, still a problem, or by design, but thought I'd mention it since it's object material/vulnerability related.
158, All elves just died. n/t
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
gr