Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Twist / Gurgthock
Topic subjectThinning the Veil
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=44&topic_id=227
227, Thinning the Veil
Posted by Klaak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Is there any kind of code to track how much someone has done to thin the veil? It might be hard to track this by number of rager kills other than checking the pk record, but how about giving items to the couriers? It occurs to me that if you, Twist, are not around to watch how much effort a person is putting in to thinning the veil, having a means of keeping track of this might be handy. As it is, I've just been praying every time I give an item, so at least there will be a prayer log of it. But that seems a little ineffective to me, since there's no record of the strength of the item and how much it affected the veil.

Klaak
228, The short answer is no...
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
...the long answer is I do take mental note of when it is done. And there is an echo that the Imms see (char name, item, along with how powerful it was). In both directions (Tahren too).
229, I think it would be cool...
Posted by Odrirg on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Now, given I haven't played a rager since Sehvoor, and haven't played a nexite since the second generation of the first nexus....

It would be cool, and not very complicated I would think, for the mud to write all those little echos to a file (wiped clean every week?, or new file each week so you have a track record?)

Given the fact that your ic characters are gods of a sort, it would make sense that your chars would have access to that kind of information.

and you guys could pull up the file and look over it (maybe a command to look at the file, with a char's name as an argument, and it would grep and return only those echos for that character) whenever you want.

This would go a long way to making it nearly impossible for someone to claim.....

"I just play at times when the imms don't, and I was doing more than ANYONE! And I didn't get anything for it!"