Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Twist / Gurgthock
Topic subjectRE: Nostalgia!
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=44&topic_id=38&mesg_id=285
285, RE: Nostalgia!
Posted by Jugynheim on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
On of my favorites was myself and another Shadow ranger being grouped with an anti-paladin named Pyrite or some such, I was Khayman, and the other ranger was Moonglum, with us both having our bears and nightwalkers out on the battlefields. Copraphagus (spellcheck) Tesseracts to us and has already logged his first attack on Pyrite and autoassist plust six mobs literally destroyed Copraphagus in one round of spammage. We were good sports and let him have his stuff back because we were too stunned by how fast it was over.

Later, Khayman and Moonglum got booted from Shadow for raiding the Shadow cabal ourselves and camou holding the torch to keep Knights from getting it. At the time I thought I was being the definitive chaotic evil, the guardian was clearly wimpier than me, so I owed him jack. Lloth (spellcheck) disagreed.

As Lokith, with Aleena (aka Axzwerlich/Khadii) as worshippers of Lloth, when she and Jullias were having a throw down, we went to the relatively brand new Blidingstone (again spellcheck) with Adonis and Reflous, and Reflous worshipped Jullias, Alenna strangled Reflous, Reflous said, Interesting. Then I assassinated him. (Lloth had told us to take him out.) After that, though we were all shadow, Reflous and we had some really fun chases/fights, till the two Imms in question made us make nice nice.

As Infestix the Master of Disaster, I spent most of my time making the mobs of Mortorn fight one another and occasionally snuck out to cause havoc with Trollocs outside the Galadon north gate, Ambassadors outside the west gate and landed a neato assassinate on Maelkith the rager thief outside the Village, (when rager arial rogues were nasty with deathblow dual backstabs) which used to be just outside of Arkham. I do miss Entropy. ;)

I remember when Pico was a mortal racing for Imm before the Great Purge, and Ishmael and Madcap, among others were running amuck. I was playing straight up telnet, didn't know anything about abbreviations for commands and was regularly having my dark elf AP ass (named Lokith) handed to me by Smoke almost everytime I had the misfortune of reaching pk range again. As I fought adrenaline and typos typing cast 'lightning bolt' I'd look up and be wimpying about and then dead. Fortunately, I don't think I ever managed to type it fast enough, I think spellbane reflecting it back at me would have crushed my meager will at the time. Sad! But hella fun at the same time!

Some good stuff... I also remember the Cador smite'O'thons, but who doesn't?!

Good reads one and all!