Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Twist / Gurgthock
Topic subjectDylan and Matsumi (and me!)
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=44&topic_id=38&mesg_id=153
153, Dylan and Matsumi (and me!)
Posted by Radial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Dylan became Bria. Matsumi became alarmed by the way Cador was acting toward her and went off somewhere else. She would later be an Imm on at least one other place.

Dylan was my girlfriend. I got her to play in the first place. Matsumi was my best friend's girlfriend. I got him to play, he got her to play.

Dylan was of the same generation as Darwin, my first CF character, who got Morgath's tattoo and was the apprentice of Xarnoth. Darwin became a Master and I had a lot of fun with him. But the con loss, very old age and big experience hole meant he never got within range of 50. In the end, he went on a pilgrimage to most of the shrines to see if anyone wanted him for anything. Naturally, they did not...so he returned to the top of the Masters' Tower where Nazmorghul himself came to take him away.

That was the best ending any of my characters ever had.

I started playing Radial, felar assassin, in Darwin's twilight period. Radial did better at the whole level gaining thing. Eventually I got to be leader of the Knights, where my "Don't attack the Masters." edicts never seemed that popular. My theory was that we had so much evil to combat that if one faction of it wasn't going to attack us, we could leave them for last...and avoid the sticky moral situation of warring with a cabal where everyone stuck together, so you'd end up fighting the good ones as well as the evil ones.

Radial immed and things looked reasonably good for a while. Dylan immed and things were generally going well there too. It took forever for me to get SH to assign me an area to do. Then...well, I spent several months not being online. Dylan had gotten very mad at me IRL and I decided I would extend giving her some space to include online as well.

Alas, this meant I didn't get my area done, as I focused on non-CF things. The move to the new site came and partway through that Cador sat me down and told me if my area wasn't done, he was booting me, because I wasn't getting the job done. Ouch. But fair, I guess.

Somewhere in all of that, I also managed to be Jareth, an evil arial Master cleric who got Nazmorghul's tattoo. I always looked up to Nazmorghul as a great roleplayer. I was probably the wussiest, least competent PKer to have that tattoo...at the time at least, maybe ever.

Radial getting denied, however, was part of what set my life on a path to actual success. Wandering around in the days after that, I found another MUD, where I met a guy I became friends with. That guy later went to a particular MUSH and I followed. There I met another guy I became friends with, whose advice helped me to get my career going.

So now I've got the house, car, girlfriend, pile of game consoles...at least in part because of Cador and his tossing me out.

So, a big thanks to Cador, wherever he is! I'll always regret what might have been, but I'm really happy with what ended up anyway.