Go back to previous topic
Forum Name "What Does RL Stand For?"
Topic subjectTwo things I'd like to ask you
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=43&topic_id=890&mesg_id=911
911, Two things I'd like to ask you
Posted by GinGa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This one's related to your profession, so I understand if you don't want to answer.

Do you think there is a large enough logistical hole in the US' security to use something like a nerve gas on a city/building? (I'm not sure of the quantities necessary for a 'serious threat' or for a chemical weapon to be termed a weapon of 'mass' destruction)

I've always been fascinated by the addition of biological weapons to the OPCW's scope over the past 30 years. How thinking has evolved from chemical weapon disasters in WW1 and WW2 to the current biological fears. Somewhere, I think many forget how easily such weapons backfire and why that was such an insentive for countries to agree not to use them. That brings me to my second question!

I wondered if you might know if (yes or no) there is currently a biological agent that can survive a blast from the oft theorised 'dirty bomb'. I quizzed a biology professor a while back and he had heard some of the good theories but admitted he didn't think it a good delivery system at all because of the fragile nature of viral/bacterial spores, especially less robust airborn ones.

That recent terror movie 'Right at your door' brought back those thoughts as I picked holes in its science. I wondered if it had become a serious contemplation or if people still saw it as quite unlikely but worth consideration.

Thanks!

Yhorian.