Go back to previous topic
Forum Name "What Does RL Stand For?"
Topic subjectPsst. They are.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=43&topic_id=675&mesg_id=781
781, Psst. They are.
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hell, if that's the case, I might just renounce my citizenship so I can work and not have to pay taxes while getting free medical attention! Sounds like those illegal aliens have the right idea.

Your ignorance of the quality of life illegal aliens have here is staggering. Not being a citizen comes with enormous limitations that crush being outside the tax system. (Not that most of the people in question would have to pay taxes if they were citizens, given their income levels.) And "free medical attention" amounts to minimal emergency services, just like visitors, tourists, felons, and any other humans within our borders get.

Wake the #### up. The people in these situations are desperate. They aren't cruising around on a free meal ticket. The current system amounts to "look the other way" which benefits you at their expense (cost of living, primarily), not the other way around.

The system needs reform, but the likely direction it will go is towards allowing large numbers of people in legally, pending minimal checks for criminal backgrounds and such. It worked wonders for us a century ago, even over the protests of people who thought "inferior" Irish, Polish, Jewish, Italian, etc. immigrants would ruin their country.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com