Go back to previous topic
Forum Name "What Does RL Stand For?"
Topic subjectRE: Wherein I Godwin the thread.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=43&topic_id=675&mesg_id=736
736, RE: Wherein I Godwin the thread.
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There is all the evidence in the world. Circumstantial and physical. The "Why" of it's absence is of course the media and BOTH political parties playing it down by saying that there are only 11-12 million of them here (Who really believes that? Let‘s say 40,000,000) or roasting people as racist who oppose it.

Now why would the entire media (excepting skinhead/neo-Nazi groups) fail to cover a pending invasion/secession movement? The simplest explanation is there isn't one, and if you want anyone to take you seriously, extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. Of course phrases like "La Raza" generate a lot of hits-- it's a slogan of unity, just like if I type "Black Power" I get lots of hits. That doesn't mean a "Black invasion" is coming.

You're correct that the Latino population is increasing in the United States, both in absolute and relative terms (*).

Where your argument breaks down is your assumption that the increase in population from other groups is a priori a bad thing. America's been getting more diverse steadily since the Revolutionary War. Yes, culture will change. Yes, religious diversity will increase. Yes, there will be more people on the street that don't look like you. All of these are continuing trends.

Why is that bad?

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

(*): From the census, racial increases from 1990-2000, using 'race alone' data (i.e., you have to self-report as one, not several):
White: +5.9%, Black: +15.6%, Native American/Alaskan: +26.4%, Asian: +48.3%, Pacific Islander: +9.3%, Other: +56.6%, Hispanic, regardless of race: +57.9%.

P.S.: Citing IQ scores on the Internet: Priceless.